Next Class: April 10, 2017 - April 14, 2017
Register for classes by calling 215.574.9670
319 Bainbridge St., Philadelphia, PA 19147.
This Jean Madeline Academy of Makeup 5-day course is designed to provide the fundamentals of makeup artistry. Editorial Makeup Artist, Rudy Miles or "beautybyrudy" will cover specific makeup concepts necessary to create beauty and fashion looks. Rudy will also share how to create a strategy to grow your career as a makeup artist. This course will end with an editorial/beauty photo shoot to start your portfolio.
What topics are covered?
- History of makeup looks
- Advanced color theory
- Principles of texture
- Complexion finishes
- False eyelash application
- Subtle and intense makeup applications for eyes and lips
- Highlighting and contouring
- Editorial makeup
- Makeup for photography
- Makeup kit
- Paving the way for a career
What to bring
- Small cuticle scissors (for brows)
- Lash curler
What JAM provides
- Skin care products
- Various application supplies
What you receive
- Class workbook and color wheel
- One retouched professional electronic image from the photoshoot
- A model for the photoshoot
- Complete makeup kit
What is in the makeup kit?
- Makeup case
- Complexion products
- Cosmetic brushes
- Eye shadows
- Eye liners
- Lip liners
- Lip colors
- Lash extension/glue
- Blush colors
- Color wheel
What type of experience do I need?
No experience is required to attend. JAM Basics is perfect for beginning makeup artists or for any makeup artist who wants to refine their skills and techniques.
How will the program advance my career?
As with all education, there is no guarantee of work implied. We are confident that the information covered in JAM Basics will give you the confidence, direction, and inspiration to work hard to excel and pursue your makeup career.
Do you offer continued education after JAM Basics?
Jean Madeline Academy of Makeup offers two other programs:
- JAM Air – an airbrush makeup course. This is a two day course designed to provide the fundamentals of airbrush makeup.
- JAM Editorial – an editorial makeup course. This is a two day course designed to create a professional level portfolio for the aspiring makeup artist.